News & Events
The MVMF Fifth Annual Campaign has Launched!
Click HERE to watch how MVMF Gives to the Veterinary Community
This spring, we have launched our fourth annual campaign to raise $22,500 by June 30. Your contribution is being matched dollar for dollar (up to $11,250). Your gift will enable us to foster and grow these important programs. The MVMF supports animal health and education through many avenues, we want to provide additional money to students pursuing a career in veterinary medicine and to worthy animal health programs. The future of our profession depends on us.
We need your help – show that you care today by contributing to this important campaign with a donation of $25, $100, $250, or $500. Click on the Donate button today.
Look for our brochure and letter coming in your mail soon or donate Now! Please return your donation by using the tear off form in the brochure, send us your completed donation brochure or click here.
Thank you in advance for caring for our profession and for the future of animal health in Minnesota. We are so grateful for your support!
Brittney Brock, DVM
The Minnesota Veterinary Medical Foundation (MVMF) supports education that fosters compassionate and quality care for all animals in Minnesota.
How We Help
The MVMF has helped numerous animal organizations reach their goals
• “The MVMF helped us move into the new Miracle of Birth Center building and continues to fund the yearly operations.. This exhibit is so beneficial in helping to educate the public about agriculture and the miracle of animal birth. “ MOBC Co-Chair, Dr. Mary Olson
Basic Animal Rescue Training (B.A.R.T.) for firefighters
• “There are tens of thousands of emergency responders in Minnesota. BART has proudly trained over 4,500 first responders and BARTs goal is to offer life saving BART training to every first responder. The MVMF gave BART grant money to start up this important program and to help continue their dream. “ Dr. Janet Olson
The MVMF has helped students with their veterinary careers
• Thank you so much for the Academy/Pomeroy Scholarship! I greatly appreciate the honor and financial assistance as I pursue my DVM/PhD goals. Thank you for your support of my studies, the college and the veterinary community of MN and I look forward to continuing to be involved with the MVMA and MVMF. -Dr. Susannah Lewis
• My career goals are to practice food animal medicine in rural Minnesota, helping to ensure the health and safety of our food supply. As I look to the future, I realize I have several semesters of studying ahead of me, as well as a significant financial responsibility. I greatly appreciate the MVMF Margaret Pomeroy Scholarship and will continue to work diligently to make the most of my educational experiences.. Andrew A. Kryzer, Class of 2015
• “I am truly thankful for this scholarship!!! Scholarships, enable students to grow and excel, in order that we serve our clients and patients with the utmost care. This scholarship helped me attend specialized training in embryo transfer, which I will be able to offer my clients. Scholarships like this reinforce the endless opportunities we have in veterinary medicine and the importance to give back in the future.” Abigail Wirt, Class of 2014
• “I want to thank you for this generous award from the MVMF. I am thankful for your contribution and continued support of the veterinary profession. This scholarship will help me to continue my veterinary dreams and further my education as a veterinary student.” Tim Mayerhofer, Class of 2016
• “Mentorship is the cornerstone of the veterinary profession and it is apparent the MVMF is actively involved in influencing the next generation of veterinarians. I would not be able to fulfill my dreams without your support and I am truly grateful for this award..”Nicholas Mayer , Class of 2014
The MVMF fosters our future animal care providers by:
• Funding Scholarships for veterinarian and technician students
• Contributing to youth animal education groups such as 4-H and FFA
• Supporting Vet Camp which is a hands-on experience for children to experience the joys of being a veterinarian